To develop and monitor implementation of advocacy strategies on HIV/AIDS and custodian of all information related to HIV/AIDS.
- To prepare advocacy programs and monitor their implementation;
- To coordinate advocacy activities; and
- To properly maintain the documentation center.
Advocacy Section; and
Documentation and Library Services Section.
- Develop advocacy programs on HIV/AIDS and monitor their implementation;
- Carry out advocacy activities on HIV/AIDS;
- Develop mechanisms to ensure that political and religious leaders are committed on HIV/AIDS related activities;
- Cooperate with non state actors on advocacy activities; and
- Provide technical support on advocacy activities to stakeholders.
Documentation and Library Services Section
- Collect and make HIV/AIDS documents available;
- Provide technical assistance and general support to sectors and districts initiatives for HIV/AIDS documentation;
- Ensure effective HIV/AIDS documentation;
- Ensure effective HIV/AIDS data bank; and
- Ensure TACAIDS library is in good order.
To provide expertise and services on financial management, bookkeeping services, human resources management and administrative matters to the Commission.
- To provide financial management guidelines to all stakeholders involved on HIV/AIDS and monitor their implementation;
- To monitor the execution of budget;
- To manage grants;
- To provide strategic inputs to management on Administration and Human resources Management issues such as Recruitment, Human Resources Development and Training, Promotion, retention, motivation, Performance Management and Staff Welfare;
- To ensure optimal management of Human Resources in the Commission;
- To provide link between the Commission and the Presidents Office Public Service Management on operationalisation of the Public Service Management and Employment Policy of 1998 and relevant Public Service Acts; and
- To provide data support and up-date records on various Human Resources information.
Finance and Accounts Section;
Grants Management Section; and
Human Resources Management and Administration Section.
Finance and Accounts Section
- Perform finance and accounting functions for the Commission by maintaining and ensuring budget control;
- Ensure that financial management mechanisms are initiated and implemented to reconcile and accommodate the different financial management requirements of the various development partners and stakeholders;
- Develop the Commissions Medium Term Expenditure Framework and monitor the implementation;
- Provide technical assistance and oversight on compliance with partners and stakeholders requirements for financial management;
- Co-ordinate Commissions budget development and annual financial estimates;
- Follow up the pledges for financial and in-kind assistance from development partners and stakeholders and facilitate the transfer of assistance in an appropriate way and time;
- Provide all payments;
- Implement and review the financial management and control;
- Prepare payrolls and ensure returns and payments and facilitate cash transfer and withdrawal;
- Control and account for unclaimed salaries, payments for outside supplies;
- Reconciliate PAYE record cards with payments in income tax Division;
- Make follow-up of funds from the development partners and TACAIDS account; and
- Pay salaries and ensure the statutory deductions are paid accordingly and reconciled within the statutory period due to individual staff loans and advances.
Grants Management Section
- Develop and review grants management manual/guidelines;
- Establish a comprehensive system for follow up on financial implementation of planned activities;
- Facilitate announcing and approving of grants;
- Liaise with any hired agency which facilitates funds disbursements to various implementers;
- Review and undertake regular analysis of trends in expenditure pattern and returns on HIV/AIDS planned activities and recommend for funding;
- Support TACAIDS in building the capacities of the implementing partners in all Financial Management aspects;
- Provide technical support to the formulation of the National Budget, particularly to support the mainstreaming of HIV/AIDS activities across the National Budget;
- Liaison with the Development Partners on issues concerning the implementation of the projects; and
- Provide financial technical back up support during designing HIV/AIDS new programmes in the response to the National Multi-sectoral Strategic Framework.
Administration and Human Resources Management Section
The activities of the Schedule are:-
- Interpret Public Service Regulations; Standing Orders and other Labour laws;
- Facilitate employee relations and welfare including health, safety, sports and culture;
- Provide registry, office records, messenger and courier services;
- Handle Protocol Matters;
- Facilitate security services, transport and general utility;
- Facilitate general custodian services to include maintenance of office equipments, buildings and grounds;
- Coordinate implementation of ethics and value promotion activities including corruption prevention education;
- Implement diversity issues including gender, disability, HIV/AIDS etc and be the Commissions Gender Focal Point;
- Coordinate implementation of private sector participation in the Commission;
- Coordinate implementation of Business Process Improvement in the Commission;
- Advise on organizational efficiency of the Commission; and
- Coordinate implementation of Client Service Charter in the Commission.
Human Resources Management Schedule
The activities of the Schedule are:-
- Coordinate recruitment, selection, placement, confirmations and transfers for the Commission;
- Facilitate Human Resource training and development (career, professional, skills enhancement) for the Commission including Cadres under the Commission;
- Facilitate orientation/induction programmes for the new entrants;
- Human resources planning to determine supply and demand needs for professionals under the Commission;
- Salary administration and payroll processing;
- Coordinate implementation of Open Performance Review and Appraisal System (OPRAS);
- Process and update records of various leaves such as annual, sick, maternity, study and terminal;
- Oversee employee benefits (pension, allowances etc) and entitlements;
- Oversee services related to separation from the service (retirement, resignation, etc); and
- Serve as a Secretariat to the appointment Ad hoc Committee of the Commission.
To provide to the Commission expertise and service in information, communication and dialogue with public and media.
The Unit performs the following activities:-
- Produce and disseminate documents such as brochures, articles, news letters etc. to inform the Public on Policies, Programmes, activities and Reforms undertaken by the Commission;
- Coordinate press briefings for the Commission;
- Engage in dialogue with the Public as well as media on issues concerning the Commission;
- Promote Commission's activities programs and policies;
- Coordinate preparation of Commission's papers for workshops and conferences;
- Coordinate preparation and production of Commission articles and news papers;
- Up-date Commission's information on the website;
- Advise Divisions and Units, on the production of various documents; and
- Prepare and implement communication strategy for the commission.
To provide advisory services to the Accounting Officer in the proper management of resources.
The Unit will perform the following functions:-
- Review and report on proper control over the receipt, custody and utilization of all financial resources of the Commission;
- Review and report on conformity with financial and operational procedures laid down in any legislation or any regulation or instruction issued under such legislation and good accounting practice as from time to time defined by the Accountant General in order to avoid incurring obligations and authorizing payments to the extent which would ensure effective control over the expenditure of the Commission;
- Review and report on the correct classification and allocation of revenue and expenditure accounts;
- Review and report on the reliability and integrity of financial and operating data so that information provided allows for the preparation of accurate financial statements and other reports for the information of the Commission and the general public as required by legislation;
- Review and report on the systems in place used to safeguard assets, and as appropriate, the verification of the existence of such assets;
- Review and report on operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals;
- Review and report on the adequacy of action by the management in response to internal audit reports, and assisting management in the implementation or recommendations made by those reports and also, where appropriate, recommendations made by the Controller and Auditor General;
- Review and report on the adequacy of controls built into computerized systems in place in the commission;
- Prepare Strategic Audit Plans;
- Coordinate audit programmes;
- Conduct performance audit on appraisal of development projects; and
- Conduct operational/value for money audits.
To provide expertise and services on application of ICT to the Commission.
The core functions of the MIS Unit are:-
- Implementation of ICT and e-government policy;
- Develop and Coordinate Integrated Management Information System for the Commission;
- Ensure that hardware and software are well maintained;
- Coordinate and provide support on procurement of software and hardware in the Commission;
- Establish and coordinate use of Electronic communications;
- Carryout studies and propose areas of using IT as an instrument to improve service delivery to the whole Commission;
- Development of HIV and AIDS related databases;
- Establish and maintain Local Area Network (LAN), WAN and website;
- Assist stakeholders on data management for proper coordination and data standardization;
- Conduct programming activities including system design documentation of procedures, and operation of computer and peripheral equipment;
- Participate in vendor relationship as relates to selection, procurement installation and maintenance of systems;
- Ensure that ICT infrastructure in TACAIDS is well planned, approved and has capability for provision of Network and Internet services;
- Advise management on computer training for TACAIDS staff; and
- Conduct system reviews and advise management on sustainability of existing, new or modern hardware and software.
To provide expertise and services on monitoring and evaluation.
The Unit will be responsible for the following activities: -
- Prepare action plans and programmes of HIV/ AIDS;
- Prepare semi-annual reports for Government stakeholders on the progress of the programme;
- Prepare the guidelines for the harmonization of indicators mechanisms and methodologies for evaluation of programmes and their impact;
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation of HIV/AIDS programmes in the country;
- Monitor and evaluate all projects related to HIV/AIDS;
- Prepare the TACAIDS Annual report;
- Prepare consolidated annual report for the implementation of National Response;
- Collect and analyze HIV/AIDS data from implementers in the Country; and
- Analysis of HIV/AIDS collected data into information as required by different users.
To coordinate all implementers of HIV/AIDS in Tanzania by formulating coordination structures and systems. The Division will also be responsible for provision of technical oversight to all implementers.
- To coordinate National HIV/ AIDS responsive activities;
- To develop capacity building programs and monitor their implementation;
- Technical support through the proposed Regional Offices to all implementers of HIV/AIDS in the country;
- Coordination of Public Sector, Private Sector, Civil Society Organizations including Faith Based Organizations and Regions and Local Government Authorities;
- Capacity building and development of various networks and organizations at all levels; and
- Oversee activities conducted by proposed Regional Offices.
- MDAs and Service Parastatal Response Section;
- Local Government Response Section;
- Civil Society and Private Sector Response Section; and
- Capacity Building and Development Section.
MDAs and Service Parastatal Response Section
- Foster TACAIDS linkages in all public institutions at National level;
- Harmonize public institution plans in conformity with the national policy and strategic framework on HIV/AIDS;
- Link and work closely with Civil Societies Response Officer in harmonizing public Institutions interventions and civil societies and private sector initiatives;
- Provide technical assistance and general support to public institutions on matters related to HIV/AIDS;
- Facilitate scaling up of best practices in the public institutions response;
- Communicate with development partners on matters related to HIV/AIDS in MDAs and service Parastatals;
- Disseminate information related to HIV/AIDS activities;
- Monitor and evaluate MDAs and public institutions response initiatives on HIV/AIDS; and
- Gather and scrutinize HIV/AIDS related reports from all public institutions.
Local Government Response Section
- Foster TACAIDS linkages in all Local Government Authorities, Ward and Village levels;
- Coordinate activities of the various committees, i.e. CMACS, WMACS, VMACS;
- Harmonize Local Government Authorities plans in conformity with the national policy and strategic framework on HIV/AIDS;
- Link and work closely with Civil Societies Response Officer in harmonizing Local Government Authorities interventions and civil societies and private sector initiatives;
- Provide technical assistance and general support to Local Government Authorities on matters related to HIV/AIDS;
- Facilitate scaling up of best practices in the Local Government Authorities;
- Communicate with development partners on matters related to HIV/AIDS at the Local Government Authorities;
- Disseminate information related to HIV/AIDS activities;
- Monitor and evaluate Local Government Authorities response initiatives on HIV/AIDS; and
- Gather and scrutinize HIV/AIDS related reports from all Local Government Authorities.
Civil Society and Private Sector Response Section
- Harmonize Civil Societies, Informal Sector and Private Sector Plans on HIV/AIDS interventions and to ensure that they conform to the national policy and strategic framework on HIV/AIDS;
- Foster TACAIDS linkages in all Civil Societies, Informal Sector and Private Sector institutions;
- Link and work closely with Local Government Authorities Officer in harmonizing civil societies and Private Sector interventions and response initiatives;
- Provide technical assistance and general support to Civil Societies, Informal Sector and Private Sector on matters related to HIV/AIDS;
- Facilitate scaling up of best practices in the Civil Societies,Â Informal Sector and Private Sector;
- Communicate with development partners on matters related to HIV/AIDS on Civil Societies, Informal Sector and Private Sector;
- Disseminate information related to HIV/AIDS activities to Civil Societies, Informal Sector and Private Sector;
- Monitor and evaluate Civil Societies, Informal Sector and Private Sector response initiatives on HIV/AIDS; and
- Gather and scrutinize HIV/AIDS related reports from all Civil Societies, Informal Sector and Private Sector.
Capacity Building Section
- Develop tools for identification of capacity building needs in collaboration with various divisions;
- Develop comprehensive annual Capacity Building Plan for the stakeholders involved in HIV/AIDS activities;
- Coordinate capacity building events to be done by the Commission; and
- Prepare reports of the Capacity building initiatives conducted in the Commission.
To provide expertise and services in policy, strategies and guidelines formulation, implementation and research on HIV/AIDS response in Tanzania
- To develop strategies for resource mobilization and their utilization
- To carryout research on HIV/AIDS;
- To provide basis for making informed decision on the future direction of the Commission;
- To encourage and facilitate provision of services by the private sector in the Commission;
- To prepare Commissions contribution to the Budget speech and Annual economic report;
- To institutionalize strategic planning and budget skills in the Commission; and
- To ensure that HIV/AIDS plans and budgets are integrated into the government budgeting process.
- Policy Section;
- Planning Section; and
- Research Section.
- Formulate policies and proposal for legislation procedures and other regulations with the aim of improving the legal environment for HIV/AIDS intervention;
- Formulate strategies on the HIV/AIDS National response;
- Address issues and problems concerning HIV/AIDS positive Tanzanians and their families;
- Coordinate and distribute guidelines of sector plans and interventions concerning the HIV/AIDS response;
- Facilitate review of the HIV/AIDS policies and strategies; and
- Facilitate review of performance of National Strategies for Poverty Reduction in the areas of HIV/AIDS implementation.
- Coordinate the development of programmes to fight HIV/AIDS in the country;
- Receive and analyze and integrate recommendations from the Head of Division for proposed planning and policies of HIV/AIDS related activities;
- Review the Commissions Action Plans on HIV/AIDS and make recommendations to the Head of Division;
- Facilitate development and review of Commission Strategic Plan;
- Facilitate Public Expenditure Reviews for HIV/AIDS; and
- Resource mobilization.
- Plan for research;
- Solicit, receive and process applications for research;
- Monitor on-going research and ensure high quality output and to co-ordinate commissioned consultancy and research on HIV/AIDS related matters;
- Acquire pertinent literature topical and relevant publications and researching publication outlets;
- Facilitate dissemination of output of research on HIV/ADS related matters; and
- Develop collaborative research initiatives and review special studies of HIV/AIDS related issues and programs.
To provide expertise and services in procurement, storage and supply of goods and services for the Commission.
The activities of the Unit are:-
- Advise the Management on matters pertaining to the procurement of goods and services and logistics management in the Commission;
- Manage all procurement and disposal by tender activities of the procuring entity except adjudication and the award of contract;
- Support the functioning of the Tender Board;
- Implement the decisions of the Tender Board;
- Act as a secretariat to the Tender Board;
- Plan the procurement and disposal by tender all activities of the procuring entity;
- Recommend procurement and disposal by tender procedures;
- Check and prepare statements of requirements;
- Prepare tendering documents;
- Prepare advertisements of tender opportunities;
- Prepare contract documents;
- Issue approved contract documents;
- Maintain and archive procurement documents;
- Maintain a list or register of all contracts awarded;
- Prepare monthly reports for the Tender Board;
- Co-ordinate the procurement and disposal activities of all the departments of the procuring entity; and
- Prepare other reports as may be required from time to time.